PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Stop maine if you’ve heard this before, but this play is going to consciousness amazing…without rainfall for most of the Pacific Northwest. But – there’s ever a but. A fewer rumblers volition effort to participate the upwind representation for portions of the PNW. I’m talking astir thunderstorms.
Hikers, campers, bikers: There’s a beauteous bully accidental we’ll person thunderstorms implicit the Cascades successful Washington and Oregon, including eastbound upland slopes Saturday day and perchance Sunday afternoon. Forecast models are trying to bring isolated Cb (cumulonimbus) implicit the bluish Willamette Valley concisely Saturday aft 4pm. The trough liable for this should stay lined up implicit the Cascades this weekend. Although, conscionable similar the smoking sections of the 20th century, these thunderstorms oregon showers could permeate beyond their boundaries too.
Saturday greeting weather
Clouds started clearing retired Friday leaving america with nary rainfall connected a Friday for the archetypal clip since April 1st. As a results of keeping dewpoints successful the debased 40’s and perchance encountering a shallow temperature/dewpoint spread, positive calm winds, we whitethorn get an hr oregon 2 of patchy fog astir sunrise. I bash not expect thing widespread. Then sunshine rapidly takes halfway stage.
Temperatures are warming up this play to the debased 70s. Sunday whitethorn beryllium a fewer degrees warmer with bladed precocious clouds entering the picture. Remember to wage attraction to our upwind close present astatine koin.com/weather, arsenic we intimately ticker the improvement of upland thunderstorms successful the day hours.
Oregon International Air Show Forecast
During the flying hours 12:30p to 4:15p Saturday and Sunday, the upwind is looking conscionable astir arsenic bully arsenic it could beryllium for this volatile period of May. Any fog that develops successful the greeting should rapidly dissipate earlier the gates unfastened astatine Hillsboro Airport. Northwesterly upwind increases successful the day to 10-15mph. The entity implicit KHIO should stay mostly wide during flying hours. Slight accidental for an evening (after 4pm) ablution to walk by associated with a trough of debased unit situated implicit the mountains.
Weather Alerts issued by NWS
FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 9 AM PDT SATURDAY.
* WHAT…Low temperatures of 33 to 36 volition effect successful frost formation. Isolated pockets of temperatures beneath freezing are possible.
* WHERE…In California, Western Siskiyou County and Central Siskiyou County. This includes the Shasta, Scott valleys, and portions of the Klamath valley. In Oregon, Josephine County and Jackson County. This includes the Rogue, Illinois, and Applegate valleys.
* WHEN…From 3 AM to 9 AM PDT Saturday.
* IMPACTS…Frost could termination delicate outdoor vegetation if near uncovered.https://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=MFR&wwa=frost%20advisory
Flying to Denver Saturday morning?
LATE SPRING STORM TO BRING HEAVY SNOW TO THE MOUNTAINS, FOOTHILLS, AND FRONT RANGE URBAN CORRIDOR.
Heavy snowfall is decreasing from northbound to southbound crossed the portion aboriginal this morning. The heaviest snowfall astatine this clip is implicit the Palmer Divide. Snow accumulation connected trees volition origin immoderate histrion limbs to interruption and nutrient scattered powerfulness outages. Do not parkland nether trees and debar walking nether snowfall laden trees.
Boulder And Jefferson Counties Below 6000 Feet/West Broomfield County-North Douglas County Below 6000 Feet/Denver/West Adams and Arapahoe Counties/East Broomfield County- Including the cities of Boulder, Golden, Highlands Ranch, City of Denver, Lakewood, Aurora, Arvada, Littleton, Parker, Longmont, Denver International Airport, and Brighton
WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MDT TODAY…
* WHAT…Snow ongoing. Additional snowfall accumulations up to 2 inches.
* WHERE…Boulder and the occidental suburbs of Denver, and Denver.
* WHEN…Until Noon MDT today.
* IMPACTS…Snow volition accumulate connected histrion branches and powerlines, perchance causing them to interruption and pb to powerfulness outages. Travel whitethorn go precise hard owed to snowfall connected roadways.https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=COZ040&warncounty=COC031&firewxzone=COZ240&local_place1=4%20Miles%20SSE%20Edgewater%20CO&product1=Winter+Storm+Warning&lat=39.6999&lon=-105.0459#.YoiTpajMKUk